Currently I am sharing time with my grandsons in California. The selection this month was a perfect and easy cake to prepare while juggling my funfilled hours. My daughter is not a baker, so her kitchen is always a bit of a challenge. Nevertheless, I baked this cake and frosted it with Flo's Orange Cream Cheese Icing - page 239 for the boys and their friends to enjoy. It is a basic and simple cake to prepare. The frosting was just the perfect finish. I had fun baking Flo's Overnight Cinnamon Buns - our May selection - for the boys. They were a big hit. The July selection is a Butterscotch Spiral Coffee Cake. I am not sure if I will be in California, Oregon, Colorado, Kansas or Texas when I bake this friendly feed a crowd cake. It sure is nice to not be on a strict travel schedule. I will see you when I can and take care. Be sure to check out the other ABC bakers http://avidbakerschallenge.blogspot.com/
Take care, lola

Lovely crumb, Lola. Great job! I love that you paired it with an Orange Cream Cheese frosting (I put orange zest in the batter). I'm glad your grandsons (and their friends) enjoyed this cake. Have fun traveling!! :o)
ReplyDelete