Saturday, January 7, 2012
ABC Nut Crusted Chocolate Banana Swirl Cake
Oh my goodness, it has been one month since I posted. As with others this has been a busy month. Cooking and baking has been fun, tiring, satisfying, challenging and it was especially wonderful to share my food with family and friends.
This is the first recipe for the ABC bakers from The Weekend Baker by Abigail Johnson Dodge. I actually baked this a couple of days ago, but was too busy to post. This is an easy, but delicious start for the new year. Basically, it is a bundt cake where the batter is separated and one part is flavored with melted bittersweet chocolate. Three bananas give a full flavor that comes through even the chocolate. The buttered pan is sprinkled with chopped nuts which add a nice crunch. The cake is moist and looks lovely. A good choice for brunch or a snack at anytime.
Look how great the crunchy top, which is really the bottom, looks. It adds a nice dimension.
Please check out the other ABC bakers at http://avidbakerschallenge.blogspot.com
Thank you Abby for our first selection. It will great to bake with you this year.
I gifted this to neighborhood children visiting their grandparents. They loved it!
Happy New Year, take care and happy baking in 2012. lola
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Lola,
ReplyDeleteI loved this cake and am so looking forward to baking from the Weekend Baker!!!
Happy New Year, Lola. This sure was a great cake to ring in the new year with. Glad you liked it as much as I did.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Lola, great looking cake! I wish I had thought to sprinkle the nuts on the bottom!
ReplyDeleteHi, Your cake looks lovely! I love the nuts that give an interesting yummy crunch to the cake!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!