Wow, I almost forgot to post this charming little dessert. I made it last week and it was delicious. I used a Maryanne pan which gave the perfect hollow for the absolutely yummy topping. We liked this because it was not too sweet and the dulce de leche stabilizes the whipped cream just as Rose said. The little cakes are soaked in Kahlua syrup which certainly adds a nice dimension. I made my own dulce de leche which is easy to do. Another superb recipe from Rose's Heavenly Cakes. Please check out the other HCB bakers on Jenn's blog: http://knittybaker.blogspot.com/ Some of us did not complete the book and continuing on. I still have quite a list to work through, but it is fun. Take care and enjoy the last days of summer. lola

i agree- the topping is "absolutely yummy"!!
ReplyDeletethe maryann pan is a great idea! then you can put a goodly dollop of the delicious topping in the center.
ReplyDeleteI love your serving dish! :D
ReplyDelete