Tuesday, August 16, 2011
TWD - Tropical Crumble
It seems that this is a welcome home recipe for me. I have been traveling in the States for nearly three months and just returned to my "tropical paradise". Dorie calls for mangoes and bananas in this tried and true crumble. I do not like cooked bananas, so after going to the local market, I selected mangoes and Mexican papaya with the delicious little limes that we have here. Fresh and dried ginger enliven the fruit. After reading some of the comments on this recipe, I cut back on the butter and added oatmeal to the crumble. Also, I did not cook the fruit. It smells delicious right now and I am sure it will taste just as good after it cools. Truly a treat for my honey and neighbors. I always BTG. You cannot beat a crumble with lovely fresh fruit. My photo is not great, but it is yummy and not too sweet. I think the leftover will be good tomorrow morning with my homemade Greek yogurt. Thank you Gaye of Laws of the Kitchen for your selection. I am glad to be back and will be baking along with all of you. Enjoy the rest of your summer. Take care, lola
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Your crumble looks great Lola - the papaya sounds like a great substitution. Thanks for baking with me this week.
ReplyDeleteHow lucky you are to get great tropical fruit at home! It looks wonderful.
ReplyDeleteSo I made this AFTER TWD and it was delicious. Looks just perfect.
ReplyDeleteThe tropical crumble was very good. Your variation sounds lovely. I used mango and pineapple, which was so good.
ReplyDelete