Tuesday, August 23, 2011

TWD Golden Brioche Loaves

It seems that most of the bakers had great success with this bread. Mine was less than stellar due to any one or all of these reasons. It is quite warm in my kitchen. I live in the tropics and the summer is hot and humid. I inadvertantly used one packet of rapid rise yeast and another of active yeast. I was excited to use a pain de mie pan that I had just purchased in the States. I was not having a good baking day which happens on occasion. Nevertheless, here it goes.
I was skeptical how 3 sticks of butter would incorporate, but it did and gave my KA quite a workout.

The dough was quite wet, even after being chilled overnight. I could not really shape it. My pan is the larger size and I thought that it would hold all of the dough. I was wrong and need to do some research on using this pan with the lid. Thanks goodness for my honey who cleaned the oven after some of the wet dough ooozed out from under the lid and made a mess.
Well, it is somewhat golden, but collapsed in the middle. A sad looking long loaf. It smells good though.
I am not sure that the texture is right, although it toasted very nicely. This is really a rich bread - go figure with all of the butter. I will make french toast this weekend which will be like dessert for breakfast.

Thank you Margie of Tea and Scones by the Tea Lady for your lovely selection. This will be a definite "try again" loaf when it is cooler.

Be sure to check out the other TWD bakers at http://tuesdayswithdorie.wordpress.com/

It is good to be home after traveling in the States for nearly three months and I am ready to get into the swing of winding down summer. In a few weeks our "snowbird" friends begin to arrive for the winter and I will have many tasters
Take care, lola

2 comments:

  1. Oh no - sorry to hear about your oven disaster! I hope you try it again sometime - it is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your hubby is just as nice as my hubby :o) (that's something he'd do for me too - aren't we lucky!! Shhh... don't tell them that of course, ha ha). Your loaf looks nice and it didn't dip that much in the middle. I hope it makes for a yummy French toast this weekend.

    Btw, don't forget to vote on the ABC book for 2012. I sent out the email. The deadline for voting is this upcoming Sunday.

    ReplyDelete