This week is Free Choice for the Heavenly Cake Bakers. I made the Baby Lemon Cheesecakes as little two bite mini cupcakes for a neighborhood get together. A thin cake or "biscuit" is baked. Little rounds of the cake are cut to fit the bottom of whatever pan you are baking the cheesecakes in. The filling is basic with fresh lemon juice, cream cheese, sugar, eggs and sour cream. After baking and cooling, the topping is spread or piped on. A delicious lemon curd looks lovely and I added a raspberry. Not having enough lemon curd, I used a vanilla butter frosting with a sprinkle of grated bittersweet chocolate for the remaining. Both selections were delicious and were a big hit with the guests.
Many of the HCB bakers have completed all of the recipes in the book, Rose's Heavenly Cakes. I will keep plugging along, however I am traveling for a couple of weeks, so will have to do catch up.
Marie hosted this group from the beginning, visit http://heavenlycakeplace.blogspot.com/ Jenn http://knittybaker.blogspot.com/ is now hosting the group until we are finished with the book. Please check out the other HCB bakers. I am off to NYC to visit my daughter and do food related shopping, art, music and eat some fine meals. Take care, lola

Have fun on your travels! I am planning to make these later this week; good to know they are delicious no matter what size.
ReplyDelete