Monday, October 31, 2011

Gutsy Cooks Club - Risotto with Mushrooms

October was "Rice" month for the Gutsy Cooks http://www.sweetbitesblog.com/ from filled, to sweet and now risotto or paella. We love risotto, so it was an easy choice for me. Sauteed onion, mushrooms, a splash of white wine, my homemade chicken stock and the arborio rice cooked to prefection. A toss of peas with freshly grated parmesan made a light supper. Our Costco had beautiful artichokes this week. In the past, I have steamed or boiled the whole artichoke, but I found a recipe for baking them with garlic, olive oil and lemon juice wrapped in foil. It is a delicious, easy way to prepare them. The garlic is roasted as it cooks with with artichoke - yummy all around and no dipping each leaf in sauce. Please check out the other Gutsy Cooks - they are a great group.

I will be traveling for a couple of weeks. We are going to NYC to visit our daughter who lives and works on Wall Street. We are certain to experience lots of great food related shopping, art, music and delicious meals. Take care, lola



No comments:

Post a Comment