Tuesday, November 6, 2012

ABC Velvety Pumpkin Tart and Honey Oatmeal Bread

It has been a couple of months since I have been able to bake for ABC due to traveling. We visited our children in Texas, Colorado and California. My fellow bakers have been busy with bread, tarts and cakes. Please check them out at http://avidbakerschallenge.blogspot.com. As I am home for a couple of weeks, I was able to bake the Velvety Pumpkin Tart for November. I used two 5" tart pans, so I could share with a neighbor. They looked super and tasted even better. I had purchased some gingersnap cookies at IKEA while in Texas which were delicious for the crust. The filling is rich made of cream cheese, pumpkin, brown sugar and the typical spices. I piped slightly sweetened whipped cream on the top, yummy! My neighbor gave it a thumbs up.

I love baking bread, so I did a catch up for October. The Honey Oatmeal Bread was easy and very delicious. I refrigerated the dough overnight and then shaped it after it had risen again. I didn't have time to bake it right away, so I again refrigerated it in the pan. After coming to room temperature and another rise, it baked up beautifully. A nice crumb and almost like a brioche bread, but not so rich. We really enjoyed it toasted and for sandwiches.

Our planned trip to New York City was postponed until November 7th due to the horrible storm. We will return home on Thanksgiving day. Our daughter lives and works on Wall Street, so you can imagine the mess she is still in. We have friends who live on Staten Island. They were fortunate to not have damage to their home, but the stress is wearing on them. It will be a blessing to see them and be available to help. I pray that all of my blogging friends are safe. Thank you for remembering all of the hurting people in your thoughts and prayers.

Happy Thanksgiving and take care, lola

3 comments:

  1. What a great vacation you had :o) I'm currently visiting relatives myself and having a great time.
    Your tart and oatmeal bread look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pie looks wonderful - but even more sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your tart and bread looks wonderful! Hope you had a good trip to New York!

    ReplyDelete