Tuesday, April 6, 2010

TWD Mocha-Walnut Marbled Bundt Cake


Erin of When in Doubt...Leave it at 350 selected this weeks TWD recipe. I used 1/2 cup of almond meal instead of ground walnuts and substituted 1 teaspoon of almond extract for 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. I love coffee, so I used espresso coffee and the instant espresso powder - not too much coffee for me. My cake seems somewhat dry and I do not think that I overbaked it, I was really careful. I am wondering about my bundt pan. I have a NordicWare bundt pan which is dark inside and out. All of my bundt cakes seem to be dark. I would appreciate any comments on bundt pans. I may need a different one. But, maybe the almond meal was not as moist as ground walnuts. Oh well, it was delicious. Have a good baking week! lola

9 comments:

  1. I just bought my Nordicware Bundt pan (10-12 cup aluminium pan) and used it for the first time on this recipe. I loved it!
    You have great marbly swirls on yours and your cake doesn't look too dry to me. Did you bake it for the full length of time as stated in the recipe? Mine was done after 50 minutes.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Marbling on your cake! nice job this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really rocked the marbling! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! I used cocoa instead of espresso powder but this still was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say test your oven temperature. If it's ok, try baking this at a lower temperature than stated. If it's still dark, it MIGHT be your pan.

    It still looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks good, not dry at all. I would put ice cream on top and chow down! I made muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks delish. Ice cream or ganache always helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks wonderful, drizzle, drizzle, dip, dip I always say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great marbling :) Mine was also a little dry so like cindy said, I have been eating mine with ice cream.

    ReplyDelete