Monday, July 12, 2010

Rose's Heavenly Cakes - Mini Vanilla Bean Pound Cake


This week we baked lovely little cakes which were brushed with Cognac syrup. After scraping the bean seeds, I put the pods in some Cognac to flavor for when I make this recipe again. For me, the recipe made two 5 3/4 by 3 1/4 inch mini cakes. There was not enough batter to fill the two cupcake pans. This was an easy recipe. The hard part was waiting at least a day, as recommended, to eat. Next week on to the Chocolate Banana Stud Cake. Have a wonderful week! lola

5 comments:

  1. Good idea to put the vanilla bean pods into the cognac.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was impossible to wait a day! One was gone immediately and half the other made it through the night for breakfast with tea! It's better, if that's possible, today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so clever..next time i should do that too..to pout the vanilla bean pods into the cognac instead of buying vanilla cognac!! Your cake looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cake looks so good and it was a great idea to make your own vanilla cognac. I couldn't wait the 48 hours - oh well next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cake looks great with nice color - I tried for the slit but it never worked. Great job.

    ReplyDelete