Tuesday, July 27, 2010

TWD Chewy, Chunky Blondies


Nicole of Cookies on Friday chose this weeks recipe. No butterscotch chips or Heath Toffee Bits are available where I live, so I used my trusty peanut butter chips. I followed the recipe as written and used bittersweet chocolate chips. Comments from other bakers included cutting back on the brown sugar, which I would do next time. With the sugars, coconut, and chips, the blondies are quite sweet. I, as some other bakers, had difficulty in the baking. I baked a good 20 minutes more and the middle was still not done and more or less collapsed when cooled. They still taste good and my grandsons will love them. Does anyone have an idea on how to get the middle baked, so they look like Dorie's photo? On to Gingered Carrot Cookies next week. See you then. lola
WOW! After months of trying to get the TWD logo on my blog, I finally succeeded. I am soooo happy!

1 comment:

  1. Mine were a little gooey, too. Thanks for baking along with me this week!

    ReplyDelete