Monday, February 14, 2011

Gutsy Cooks Club - Mediterranean Lasagna




We love lasagna and roasted vegetables, so this was a "for sure to do" selection. I made a few changes to the recipe which called for broiling eggplant, red peppers, and portobello mushrooms. The basic ingredients: oven-ready lasagna, marinara or tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese and grated parmesan. Instead of broiling, I roasted sliced eggplant, thick cut baby bella mushrooms, some garlic cloves and tomato halves from which I had removed the seeds. I did this the day before, so all I had to do was assemble the lasagna. Oh, I also made a simple chunky style tomato sauce and added two eggs and some grated parmasean to the ricotta cheese mixture.
Here is the layering process with some sauce, lasagna, mushrooms, eggplant, more sauce, roasted tomatoes and fresh basil. Next I layered some fresh mozzarella and topped with more sauce and parmasean.
As you can see we really enjoyed this roasted vegetable Mediterranean Lasagna

I am off on an adventure to southern Mexico in the state of Oaxaca where I plan to taste each of the seven moles of that exciting food region - maybe even the chapalines (fried crickets)!Take care, lola 

2 comments:

  1. Lola! it looks good! I think you are the only one that has made the lasagna this time around... kudos girl. And Buen Viaje a Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very good! I contemplated the lasagna but really wanted to work with the scallops.

    ReplyDelete