I continued with the "injection" of ganache and chilled the cake. So, do I throw it out or try to save it?
I trimmed and spread remaining ganache on the sides.
Whipping cream with a little powdered sugar and using my pastry bag, I went to work. Actually, it doesn't look too bad considering the mess it was. I tasted the trimmed pieces and it is delicious. I am sure my neighbors will love the decadent chocolate taste. Now, off to their party. By the way, I will be purchasing a metal heart shaped pan when I am next in the States. I am not sold on silicone pans and am open to comments and suggestions for use.
I will be traveling next week to the southern Mexican state of Oaxaca. This area has a rich history of cuisine. I am looking forward to tasting the Seven Moles of Oaxaca and even perhaps the "Chapalines" - a local speciality of fried crickets! Take care, lola
WHOOPS!! Hanaa just pointed out that next week is "free choice" week. Sorry Marie - I am distracted but excited about my travels next week. Also, a big thank you to Hanaa for emailing me a tutorial on inserting photos in the middle of my blog. She is a super baker, blogger friend.



First, a big Yay for pictures within text. You did it!! I love it :o) The cake looks great. I made this one last year on V-Day (http://hanaaskitchen.blogspot.com/2010/02/hcb-double-chocolate-valentine.html). How nice of you to make it for your neighbors. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of silicone pans either. I did find a good use for them: making cheesecakes. Put your springform pan in them when baking your cheesecake in a waterbath. No need for 2 layers of aluminum foil to keep the water from seeping in!
ReplyDeleteBtw, Free Choice week is next week but maybe Marie won't notice ;o)
Thanks Hanaa for the tutorial on pictures within text. I meant to email you, but as you can tell by my posting early on HCB - oh well, I am distracted getting ready for my adventure. I really appreciate your comments. Take care, lola
ReplyDeleteThat is artistic! I bet tasty too!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great rescue! The cake looks gorgeous with the whipped cream (and I'm sure it tasted as good as it looked).
ReplyDeleteI did notice, but I'm not as stern a taskmaster as Hsnaa might lead you to believe.
Marie
Beautiful......the name is totally apt for the dish :)
ReplyDelete