
Another delicious recipe chosen by TWD blogger, Tommi of Brown Interior. There are no fresh peaches available where I live, so I chose mango which is in season. The Ataulfo mango is described as "A bright red grape aroma, with a slight tangerine taste and a pleasant peach finish." quoted from The Great Mango Book by Allen Susser. It seemed to fit perfectly for this recipe. I pureed 3 mangos, each about 9 oz before peeling and seeding. Squeezed the juice from a small key lime and just a bit of wildflower honey, about 2 tablespoons. The mangos are sweet, so I didn't want to overdo on the honey. The flavor combination is perfect. The consistency is soft and the color is lovely. It is served with Dorie's Lenox Almond Biscotti. Truly a yummy summer dessert. Thank you Tommi. The selection for next week is the Coconut-Roasted Pineapple Dacquoise. I am not sure if I can participate, as I have not been able to find white chocolate and my weather is humid now which would not play too well with the dacquoise. I will see how the week goes and check out the Q&A for alternate ideas. Have a great week cooking and baking. lola
A footnote: I baked ciabatti bread last week which I posted. It was great. I want to bake fougasse this week. I would love comments or suggestions. Dorie has a recipe in the Baking with Julia book which looks good. However, I really liked making the "biga" as a starter. King Arthur Flour has a recipe using the biga. Has anyone tried it? Thanks, lola
Beautiful ice cream
ReplyDeleteYour Honey Mango Ice Cream looks delicious and a nice pairing with the Lenox Almond biscotti, which I love! I'd love to try it with mango.
ReplyDeleteLooks lovely!! Great job.
ReplyDeleteLooks lovely! I may have to try this with mango.
ReplyDeleteMango! Great idea! I bet it was delicious and a good pairing with the Lenox Almond Biscotti.
ReplyDeleteHoney, mango and lime? That's a really great combination. I like those ataulfa mangoes the best, they are so good.
ReplyDeleteI'm a bit worried about the dacquiose; you are right, humidity is a killer for meringue. And it's been super humid and hot here. The recipe sounds great, though, and I really want to try the roasted pineapple.