
What a lovely moist and tender cake this is. As Rose says, "this has a full flavored chocolate fudge like taste in the mouth". I prepared half of the recipe and baked it in a 6 inch pan for my chocolate loving friend. She even shared a little piece with me. A dark chocolate ganache (I used 99% Scharffenberger) combined with caramel is the frosting. When first tasting, it seemed somewhat bitter. After allowing it to rest overnight in the refrigerator, the frosting had mellowed into a decadent taste sensation. This recipe is a "keeper" for me.
I leave on Thursday to drive up to the States for most of September, so I will not be doing much baking. This is my trip to stock up on speciality food and quilting items that I cannot buy here in Mexico. I have quite a list. Enjoy the selections for September and I will be participating again when I return. Take care, lola
Six inch cake pans are a wonderful idea. I have to find some. Have a safe trip.
ReplyDeletehave a good trip!
ReplyDeleteHave a great trip Lola... I should ask you to stock up on things from Mexico that I cannot find in the US!
ReplyDeleteHave a great trip.
ReplyDeleteI used a 6" pan too (for half the recipe). I have to admit that my first bite was pretty intense, almost bitter. I'll have to try it again tonight. You mentioned that it was more mellow on day #2. Can't wait to have a slice in a bit.
What a good friend to bake this cake for your chocolate loving friend. Your cake looks moist and delicious! Have a safe trip and I hope you find everything you have on your list.
ReplyDeleteenjoy your hols!
ReplyDelete