Monday, January 31, 2011

Gutsy Cooks Club - Tarte Tatin - Menu 18


After receiving my copy of The Illustrated Kitchen Bible, I am now jumping into a new online cooking group, Gutsy Cooks Club. Monica is the administrator (not sure that is the correct description, as she is the inspiration). You can check out the group and her fantastic blog at http://www.sweetbitesblog.com/ Each week a menu of 2 recipes is selected. As a Gutsy Cook, one can prepare both recipes or one. This week I am tiptoeing in with preparing only a half recipe of the Tarte Tatin. I will have to do a make up on the Spanish version of Chicken Croquettes. Monica has a great post on the croquettes. I haven't made Tarte Tatin in years and my honey was happy that I was recreating a favorite of his. It sure does smell good! Take care, lola
P.S. We just had a piece of this tarte. Sadly, I am not able to buy crispy fresh apples here and after baking they were more like applesauce. Tasty but not the right texture. Okay, here I go again, perhaps with pears.

2 comments:

  1. Lola... yours looks good, does not look like apple sauce from my end! But like any Tarte Tatin, any fruit will do... I think there was a variation with pears that would work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good.....I made two for GCG and both were a mess...tasted excellent but looked well...not so good!

    ReplyDelete