Monday, January 10, 2011

Rose's Heavenly Cakes - White Velvet Cake With Milk Chocolate Ganache


Rose said that with "minor modifications of the baking powder, this recipe works in any size or shape pan". I didn't want a full cake and decided on cupcakes, but Rose didn't say what the "minor modification" was. After checking the index, there is a recipe for the same cake but in cupcakes on page 298. The baking powder adjustment was indeed minor. Pressing onward, I prepared the easy batter baking in cupcake papers. I weighed the batter to have the same amount in each cupcake. I had some bittersweet ganache in the freezer that I wanted to use. I melted it over water with some milk chocolate chips to come up with an approximation of the Milk Chocolate Ganache. It was good. The cake is lovely with a soft fine crumb. There are children visiting next door, so they were the perfect recipients of these delicious treats. This cake will be on my list when I need a lovely white cake. I am sorry to have been absent for many weeks. As with others, my holidays were a fun and busy time. Lots of cooking and sharing, but not always the assigned recipes from my online cooking groups. We have friends visiting and will be taking them on a photographic trip to several Colonial cities in central Mexico. I may not be back to the schedule until late January. A belated Happy New Year to all. Take care, lola

6 comments:

  1. wow..you actually weigh the batter for the cupcakes? how do you do that? I always wonder how to measure weight it without taking too much time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faithy, I just put the paper cup on the digital scale and spoon in. My honey even said - "you are weighing the batter??" It makes it easier than guestimating. Give it a try sometime. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you have a tare function on your scale, you can put the whole cupcake tin on the scale, fill a cupcake cup, hit tare (which brings the scale back to zero) and fill the next cupcake cup, hit tare, etc. it makes me feel all professional :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! evil cake lady, I will have to try that. Sure would impress my honey! This communication is so great - I love it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little cupcakes! I know what you mean about a busy holiday and I hope you enjoyed every minute =). Thank you for your wonderful comments, you always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cupcakes look so good. Thank you everyone for your tips on weighing the cupcakes! so helpful.

    ReplyDelete