Monday, March 7, 2011
French Fridays With Dorie - Savory Cheese and Chive Bread
This post was due on Friday, late but too good not to share. The FFwDorie recipe for Friday was a Savory Cheese and Chive Bread with a variation. This is a simple quick bread made much like muffins. It just takes time to cook bacon, grate cheese, toast and chop nuts for the add-ins, but well worth the effort. Dorie suggested a variation which I followed: crispy chopped bacon, dried pear slices diced, fresh sage, toasted walnuts with gruyere and gorgonzola cheeses. One little savory taste and we were hooked. How delicious is this with a glass of wine? I may not want to share too much of this lovely loaf. Have a good week and take care, lola
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The pear and bacon combo in this sounds absolutely wonderful. Especially if that glass of wine comes with it!
ReplyDeleteLola.. I'm also super late in my post of this bread... I did not add as much as you, but it was good.. really good, we been eating making sandwiches all weekend with it.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to try this variation some time - it looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteHi Lola its Lola! Your bread looks great. I also want to try pear and bacon!
ReplyDeleteI like your choice of variation. I was late with this one too. Here is my link as wordpress won't let me leave it http://naturally-delicious.blogspot.com/2011/03/savory-cheese-and-chive-bread.html
ReplyDeleteYum. I want to try that variation too.
ReplyDelete