Tuesday, March 29, 2011
TWD Walnut Powder Puffs
Gift these immediately - they are addictive. Tianne of Buttercream Barbie selected these melt in your mouth morsels for the TWD bakers this week. I enjoy Dorie's Playing Around suggestions. I made Walnut Powder Puffs and flavored them with a pinch allspice and ground cloves which provided a zingy taste. An easy recipe of ground nuts, sugar, flour and butter all made in the food processor. After cooling, the puffs are tossed in confections' sugar. As Dorie mentions, these cookies are sometimes called Mexican Wedding Cakes. Thanks Tianne for your yummy choice. Onward to the April recipes: Cornmeal Cookies, Apple Tart, Coffee Ice Cream Tart and Strawberry Rhubarb Tart. Have a good week and take care, lola
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I did walnut too! I loved them, and did cut out as well. Thanks for joining me this week. Take care.
ReplyDeleteButtercreambarbie
I made almond puffs and they were great! These are such a classic and I was happy to make them again.
ReplyDeleteThese were yummy. I agreed to make 6 dozen for a church function. I was pretty 'puffed out' at the end.
ReplyDelete