Sunday, April 24, 2011
Gutsy Cooks Club - Chicken Pot Pie
This is my ultimate comfort food and I was delighted when it was on Menu 30 for the Gutsy Cooks Club. We are cooking from The Kitchen Bible.There is nothing too difficult with putting this together - cooked chicken, my homemade chicken stock, the usual vegetables (onion, carrots, potatoes, peas, roasted red pepper) with seasonsings and cream for richness.I did not have any puff pastry for the topping, but did have some pie dough in the freezer. I prebaked some discs sprinkled with parmesan cheese and placed them along side. A cozy supper for two. Please check out http://www.sweetbitesblog.com to see what the other Gutsy Cooks prepared this week. Take care, lola
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Lola.. what a great take on your topper to do disks. But if you have a chance to make it again, I highly recommend using the puff pastry.. it makes it extra light.
ReplyDeleteYes Monica, I would have loved the puff pastry, but it is not available where I live - unless I make my own. No Pepperidge Farm in the freezer section.
ReplyDeleteLovely comfort dish!
ReplyDeleteAnything with Parmesan cheese, is alright in my book. Beautiful photo, lola!
ReplyDelete