This Viennese speciality was a choice for this week. Since I was entertaining Monday evening, it seemed the perfect dessert to finalize the meal. One of my guests is a lovely German woman who adores chocolate and appreciates the fine chocolate that I use in my baking. As always I tried to use the best that I had in my stash. I used 60% Callebaut for the cake and 72% Swiss Villars for the glaze. This is a dense cake which is cut into two layers with a thin layer of apricot preserves between and on the top layer. The chocolate glaze is then poured over the cake and used for the decoration "Sacher". Each guest devoured their dessert with comments of "yummy, delicious and May I have another piece". I sent the remaing home with each one to enjoy today. Please check out http://www.sweetbitesblog.com/ to see what the other cooks prepared from The Kitchen Bible.
Take care, lola

Lola.. the cake looks so good - I was going to make it but the HCB choice got in the way along with the ABC as well. We got sweet overload ... but I'm still wanting to make it, I may do so tonight!
ReplyDelete