Tuesday, April 26, 2011

HCB - Rose's Spice Cake with Peanut Buttercream - Free Choice

I am sorry this is a late post. With the Easter bunny visiting, it has been hectic at our house. Nevertheless, here is my "free choice" selection. I love my 6" pans - they work so perfectly for baking and gifting. The spice cake is easy to prepare with all ingredients on hand. There is a combination of just a bit of cocoa powder with cinnamon and cloves, enriched with buttermilk and cake flour which results in a light and lovely cake. The frosting is yummy and easy (I used a handmixer and it worked just fine - Rose calls for using a food processor). Smooth peanut butter, butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar combine to make a not too sweet frosting. Lois of http://foodismylovelanguage.blogspot.com/ inspired me to try this recipe. Her entry looks so good. This little cake is on its way to the administration office as a thank you for all that the staff does to keep our property in such beautiful condition. Please check out the other HCB bakers http://heavenlycakeplace.blogspot.com/ Have a good week HCB bakers. lola

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it. I'm sure you'll be a favorite with the folks in the administration office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable in the six inch pans!

    ReplyDelete