Friday, May 13, 2011

French Fridays With Dorie - Spinach and Bacon Quiche

We love quiche, especially my "real man". Dorie's redention has more filling than custard and is delicious, although I had to add just a bit of gruyere - I couldn't help myself. Sauteed bacon and onion, some spinach  with a bit of garlic, eggs and heavy cream make for a delightful light supper. I have to admit that I prefer another tart crust to the one Dorie gives. I made a small, 6" tart, and it actually feeds us for two meals with a salad. Go figure - we do not eat much. I always prepare several tart shells to freeze and have on hand. If I am rolling out one what are two more? Check out the other "manly" quiche on http://frenchfridayswithdorie.com/ Better yet, buy Dorie Greenspan's book  Around My French Table and cook along with us.
Take care have a great weekend! lola

4 comments:

  1. I'm just wondering what a manly quiche really is, and whether I'm a dufus for not knowing? LOL. Your practicality is enviable, I hardly ever have spare tart shells lying around in my freezer but maybe I should do that for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it is just sort of a joke - not sure where it comes from - but "real men don't eat quiche" -now I will have to google it to find out the source. Having a backup (leftovers) of tart shells, ganache, genoise, etc. in the freezer can really pay off. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real men do eat quiche - we just call it something else so that they don't know they are eating!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's totally a real man quiche... and yours looks divine!

    ReplyDelete