Monday, May 2, 2011

Gutsy Cooks Club - Coleslaw

Coleslaw is a favorite of my honey, so this was a perfect selection. I did my own spin on it by using both green and red cabbage and adding some apple cider vinegar in addition to the lemon juice, mayonnaise and a little milk. The celery, carrots, green onions, parsley and chives add a fresh note, as well as additional crunch. A nice choice for the Gutsy Cooks Club. Go to http://www.sweetbitesblog.com/  to see what the other Gutsy Cooks prepared this week. We have a great lineup of recipes for May. Take care, lola

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that looks good... I was not wow by our choices this week, plus I had to bake up a storm, so GCC took a back seat.. but, now that you mention your take on it.. I'm making notes... I mean the summer is around the corner and with it GRILLING TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monica, I know what you mean about all of the baking this weekend.

    ReplyDelete