Rose created this cake for the Campbell's Kids 50th birthday celebration at the New York Stock Exchange. What a fun time that must have been. I made this cake in June for my grandson's graduation from middle school. Those teenage kids gobbled this down without a moment of wondering what the mystery ingredient was. You guessed it - Campbell's Tomato soup! I had heard of a cake made of soup before, but never baked one. It is an easy cake to prepare and bakes up beautifully. The rich chocolate ganache also has the mystery ingredient. Rose's cake is fully surrounded with the Pirouettes. Well, I didn't quite figure it out right, so I was a little short of the cookies. I think they are very fun with the dollop of piping gel to look like flames. I brought some of these Pirouettes back home with me from the States. I would not find them here in Mexico. I plan to bake this cake again for my lady friends when they arrive for the winter to celebrate all of our birthdays. Please check out the other HCB bakers on Jenn's blog: http://knittybaker.blogspot.com/
As always, keep baking and take care, lola


It's beautiful, lola! The Pirouettes made it look like a cake fortress.
ReplyDeletelola, it looks perfect! i'm glad to hear it was gobbled up with relish.
ReplyDeleteWow - great job. Looks so pretty!
ReplyDelete