I did my own take on this cake - no pineapple or individual cakes. Unfortunately, the photo is not good. I was serving it in my friend's kitchen and she went a little crazy with the squeeze bottle of yogurt and cream which I used as my topping. My honey does not like pineapple, so I substituted papaya and made the caramel with lime juice. I had just purchased a Breville countertop oven and used it for the first time to bake this small cake. I used a 6" round pan instead of individual pans. I think the oven temp was a little low. I need to check it out with my oven thermometer. The cake tested done with the pick, but was still a bit runny on the bottom when I turned it out. So, I thought, it will be like a pudding cake. It tasted just fine - perhaps the papaya was a little short on flavor, but all in all it was okay. As I had pomegranates from Chiles en Nogada, please read my post, I sprinkled them on and they added a nice crunch. The cake is an easy recipe and could be used for any number of fruit on the bottom (really the top) cakes. Not my best endeavor, but tasty. Be sure to go to http://knittybaker.blogspot.com/ to check out the other HCB bakers. Have a good baking week and take care, lola
I forgot to post this yesterday. My son is ill in Colorado and my mind was on him.

No comments:
Post a Comment