Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tomato and Goat Cheese Tart from Ina Garten - Back to Basics



Barefoot Blogger Thursday






This is my first participation in Barefoot Bloggers. I loved the easy and delicious tart. Thanks to Anne Strawberry who is so very talented in cooking and presentation. I do not have access to puff pastry in packages as do bakers in the States. However, I am able to purchase puff pastry from a bake shop and it works most of the time. I was not sure just how thick to make the base and I experimented with a couple of thicknesses. Two of the four came out perfect. The carmelized onions were delicious and I used cut grape tomatoes and fresh basil. This is a forgiving recipe and one to test different toppings, cheeses, etc. Small for appetizers and the 6" for a lovely first course. This will be a "keeper" for me. Thank you Anne Strawberry and Ina. I look forward to sharing in many more cooking experiences. lola






2 comments:

  1. How neat that you can buy puff pastry from a bake shop - because here you can only buy it from a market!

    I'll bet these would be good with fresh mozzarella and basil - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tart looks very nice! These were really great. Welcome to the Barefoot Bloggers!

    ReplyDelete