
I am happy to be back home after a month of traveling in the States. My shopping list was long with "have to haves" for cooking, baking and quilting. My pantry and refrigerators are chock full and I am good to go!
Lynne of Honey Muffin (I love the name) selected this bundt cake for us to bake this week. It is a fall harvest month at TWD with apple, pear and pumpkin recipes on the agenda. This easy to prepare cake uses not only fresh apples, but apple butter as well. I used some apple butter that I had frozen for the Daring Cooks Challenge in September. I was short on sugar, so I substituted some light brown sugar. It baked beautifully and as Dorie says, after a rest overnight the flavor was enhanced. I gifted most of the cake and the recipients loved it. Have a good week! lola
Lynne of Honey Muffin (I love the name) selected this bundt cake for us to bake this week. It is a fall harvest month at TWD with apple, pear and pumpkin recipes on the agenda. This easy to prepare cake uses not only fresh apples, but apple butter as well. I used some apple butter that I had frozen for the Daring Cooks Challenge in September. I was short on sugar, so I substituted some light brown sugar. It baked beautifully and as Dorie says, after a rest overnight the flavor was enhanced. I gifted most of the cake and the recipients loved it. Have a good week! lola
I bet the brown sugar was lovely in this
ReplyDeleteLooks incredibly delicious for fall!
ReplyDeleteIt tasted good days after I baked it!! I loved this recipe too!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea adding brown sugar. Your apple bundt cake slice looks delicious! Glad you are back home all stocked up from your trip to the states. My parents are personal trainers in Yuma, AZ in visit Mexico every other week. I always wonder who has crossed paths and will never know? =)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Lola. Perfect for fall. Love the chunks of apple in the cake.
ReplyDeleteBtw, the Orange Chiffon cake (on my blog) turned out great. Very tasty (if you like a strong orange flavor). Try it sometime when you're back into your normal routine again :o)