Friday, October 1, 2010

French Fridays With Dorie - Gougeres


This is a banner day for the new group formed to cook through Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan. The James Beard Award-winning author has out done herself in this beautiful book full of lovely recipes and lively stories of France and French food. Dorie, herself, selected the first recipe in the book for the premier posting by participants. Each week a recipe will be chosen and participants will post on Friday.


Making this recipe brought back memories from a "previous" life. When I was younger I owned a small restaurant/catering business. I must have made thousands of puffs to be stuffed with savory concoctions. It was fun to share these tasty cheesy bites with new friends. I used a sharp white cheddar and added some freshly ground black pepper to enliven them even more.

I really look forward to cooking along with others and sharing with family and friends. Give yourself a treat and purchase this book. It is a beauty! lola

5 comments:

  1. I joined this group as well and am so not looking forward to making these. I never have good luck with making choux pastry and not too suprisingly, souffle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you this recipe takes me back. My grandmother taught me how to make the Italian sweet version of these - Italian beignets, but I never made them savory. And I'm loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bought some white sharp cheddar today to make some more gougeres with stronger taste. Glad to know it works well with these.

    Thanks so much for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look wonderful. Very light! Great idea on adding black pepper. Yum!

    ReplyDelete