Friday, October 29, 2010

French Fridays With Dorie - Marie Helene's Apple Cake


At first I thought my "chunky" top was not right, but then I read Dorie's comments and she said "the chunks of apple make a bumpy, golden top". Well, my top is chunky and the cake is simply delicious. I prepared half of the recipe and used a 6" cake pan lined with parchment paper. I had an apple and a pear on hand, so went that direction. The cake has only a few simple ingredients and can be mixed by hand, so clean up is fast. This is easy to prepare and delightful to share with a friend over a cup of coffee or tea. I have enjoyed the recipes this first month of French Fridays With Dorie. You may want to add this cookbook to your collection: Around My French Table. Please check out what the other bakers created with their apple cake.
http://frenchfridayswithdorie.com/ Have a good week. lola

3 comments:

  1. A half recipe looks just the right size. I love the look of the chunky apples showing.

    ReplyDelete