Monday, October 24, 2011

Gutsy Cooks Club - #43 - Coconut and Brown Rice Pudding

The journey continues for Gutsy Cooks in preparing rice different ways and sweet was the order of this week. I chose to cook Coconut and Brown Rice Pudding. There are several recipes that came up, but I selected one from Mark Bittman. It is easy and bakes in the oven. I added a cinnamon stick and crushed cardamom pods to the coconut milk and 1/2 cup of  brown rice. Brown sugar is used and it is not too sweet. Mine cooked a little faster than I thought it would, so it is not as creamy, but it is still delicious. Recipe available at http://www.markbittman.com/coconut-and-brown-rice-pudding It is from his Food Matters Cookbook. I have found his recipes to be quite reliable. Check out the other Gutsy Cooks at http://www.sweetbitesblog.com/
The final week is risotto or paella - hmm - which one to prepare. Take care, lola

1 comment:

  1. Lola.. a BAKED rice Pudding?!?!?! I'm in love... i'm marking this down... Like you i'm also on the fence with what to make this weekend... but I been promising paella to Tom for the longest time, I think I need to kick the bucket and just make it for him!

    ReplyDelete