This has been "Ingot" month for me. I made the Gold Ingots, the Chocolate Ingots and now the Peanut Butter. The chocolate and peanut butter are favored over the vanilla by my tasters. I put my new silicone financier mold to good use. I use a pastry bag to fill the cavities and they come out almost perfect. Each ingot recipe is similar in that you make Beurre Noisette, toast some almonds and continue with powdered sugar, flour and egg whites. Of course, creamy peanut butter is added for this recipe. I had some bittersweet chocolate glaze on hand - yum! chocolate and peanut butter with a sprinkling of toffee chips. It is fun to serve this simple shape small cake to guests.
Please check out the other HCB bakers at http://knittybaker.blogspot.com/ Have a good baking week and take care, lola

Lola.. mine peanut butter ones were our favorite too.... they look good! I even bought the mold for it, but have not baked anything in it yet.. guess I should be thinking of making some eh?
ReplyDelete