Monday, October 3, 2011

HCB - Free Choice - Gold Ingots - Financiers Classiques

Well, who wouldn't love buttery little cakes with the flavor of almond? I missed baking these last year, so now was my chance to use my silicone financier mold which worked beautifully. Now, I goofed by not reading the recipe correctly when adding the melted beurre noisette. I made it with extra butter to have some left over - then I added the whole amount to the batter. No wonder the batter was so thin. Amazingly, it turned out not too bad. A tasty buttery treat. I will try the Chocolate Ingots for the next free choice post.
In the oven next week - Angel Food Cake. Yeah! I can use more of those egg whites in my freezer. Thanks Rose again for your great recipes from Rose's Heavenly Cakes.

Please check out the other Heavenly Bakers at http://knittybaker.blogspot.com/  Have a great week, lola

No comments:

Post a Comment