Monday, October 3, 2011

Gutsy Cooks Club - Beet and Brown Rice Salad with Goat Cheese

This month our recipes will all use rice in some form or another. This week is to use rice in an "unusual" way. I am not sure how unusual my recipe is, but I had some roasted beets in the refrigerator and thought, okay combine them with cooked brown rice.

Roasted beets
Cooked brown rice
Drizzle of olive oil
Lemon juice and grated lemon zest
Salt and pepper
Chopped flat leaf parsley - save some leaves for garnish
Soft goat cheese
Toasted slivered almonds

Combine the first six ingredients and serve chilled with the goat cheese and almonds - garnish with parsley.

This became a tasty and pretty salad. It reminds me of the Mexican flag or maybe I just have some of last months inspiration still in my head. Pomegranate seeds would also be nice on this salad.

Check out the other Gutsy Cooks at http://www.sweetbitesblog.com/ Undoubtedly there will be some unusual recipes using rice. Next week, rice in a stuffed variation. Take care and have a good week. lola

1 comment:

  1. Lola.. oh this sounds good, and me saying this, when I hate beets! I love your take on it. If you do have a chance try the soup.. I made it yesterday and oh what a surprise.. and it was pretty quick!

    ReplyDelete