
The Heavenly Cake Bakers joined in force to prepare a deconstructed Boston cream pie. There are three components to this dessert, each one is easy to prepare ahead. First is an Orange Glow Chiffon cake baked in muffin molds. Second is a Vanilla Bean Pastry Cream Sauce and Third is a Chocolate Butter Glaze. Eggs and cream abound in this recipe, but not to worry you get your vitamin C via the cupcake which has orange zest and juice. I upped the orange flavor a bit more with a few drops of orange oil in the cream sauce. Rose presented this dessert in a bistro style coffee cup. It looks beautiful. As I live in Mexico, I presented mine in a Margarita glass. The cupcake is placed on or in the vanilla cream and the warm chocolate glaze is drizzled over the top. Each mouth full is a yummy taste treat.Please check out the other Heavenly Bakers blogs and put this book, Rose's Heavenly Cakes, on your holiday wish list and join us for baking fun.
http://heavenlycakeplace.blogspot.com/ Up next week is a Swedish Pear and Almond Cake. Take care, lola
What a great idea using margarita glass. It looks great!
ReplyDeleteIt looks delectable against the green glass. I know it was delicious!
ReplyDeleteב''ה
ReplyDeleteOh, I want a margarita now... :)
I could just jump into this Bostini right now!
ReplyDeletegreat idea on a margarita glass!
ReplyDelete