Friday, November 19, 2010

French Fridays With Dorie - Roast Chicken for Les Paresseux


One of our French Fridays With Dorie November recipes is for roasting a chicken in a Dutch oven. We enjoy roasted chicken, so this was just the dish for a Sunday supper. Dorie suggests "a bread trick" - that is placing the chicken on top of several slices of bread for roasting. The bread soaks up the juices and becomes somewhat crusty. It reminded me of stuffing. So, now another easy way to prepare roast chicken. I will be on to the turkey and all of the Thanksgiving goodies next week. I plan to bake Dorie's Twofer Pie from TWD. The Cranberry Lime Galette is in the freezer waiting for the big day. For those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving next week - enjoy sharing with your family and friends. Take care, lola

6 comments:

  1. this looks great, lola! i agree the bread is a bit like stuffing. (but better!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious! We really enjoyed it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! I'm sure you will enjoy all the making and baking...such a fun foodie holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your chicken has such a lovely color and your bread looks great. I agree that the bread is a bit like stuffing...but so much better that I wasn't able to share it with anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lola, wasn't this he easiest chicken ever? I love Dorie's recipes. So far I have not been disappointed. And the bread was the best part for me:)

    ReplyDelete